Pharmacy World is registered under the Data Protection Act, we at Pharmacy World are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to ensure you receive a personalized experience of the services you have requested from us. In order to provide the best service we can we need to collect and store information about you and the services we have provided to you.
What information do we collect and store?
1. When you buy goods or services from us we will collect and store certain personal information to allow us to process and fulfill your orders and to notify you of your order status.
2. We will ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order such as a product recall.
3. For customers ordering pharmacy only medicines from this website we will ask for additional information to ensure that our pharmacists can check that the medicine is suitable for you to use.
4. For patients who wish to use our NHS Prescription service we will need to know whether you pay for your NHS prescriptions and if not the reason that you are exempt from payment. Additionally, we will collect information about your existing medical conditions and any prescription medication that are prescribed for you by your doctor.
5. We will collect and store details of all medicines and other products we supply to you, and also all medicines that you or your doctor tell us you may be supplied on repeat prescription.
How do we use it?
1. We may occasionally use the information we collect to notify you about important functionality changes on the web site and Pharmacy World promotions we think you'll find valuable. You may notify us that you do not wish to receive this promotional information at registration, or at any time by following the instructions on the emails you receive.
2. We will use the information to look after your healthcare as best we can, and that may mean us contacting you in certain circumstances that are relevant to your ongoing care.
3. Occasionally we make details available to companies whose products or services we think may interest our customers. If you do not wish to receive such offers please login to your account and change the setting to indicate "No" for "Selected company data sharing".
4. We may also disclose information to outside parties if we are required by law to do so. For example prescribers must be notified where a patient presents a repeat prescription and the pharmacist becomes aware of clinically significant issues arising in connection with that prescription. We are also permitted by law to disclose information where the public interest overrides the need to keep the information confidential.
5. Anyone who receives information from us also has a legal duty to keep this information confidential, subject to recognized exceptions of the types listed above.
By using our Web site, you consent to the collection and use of information you submit by Pharmacy World for the purposes described above. If we decide to change our data protection policy, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, and how we use it.
1. You have the right to confidentiality under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the common law duty of confidence (the Disability Discrimination and the Race Relations Acts may also apply).
2. We also comply with the NHS Code of Practice on Confidentiality and pharmacists have a requirement under their professional Code of Ethics to keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate.
3. All of our staff contracts of employment contain a requirement to keep patient information confidential.
Your right to view your health record
a. You have the right to ask for a copy of all the information we store about you.
b. There may be a charge to have a printed copy of the information held about you. Your request must be made in writing to Pharmacy2U. We are required to respond to your request within 40 days.
c. You will need to give adequate information in order for pharmacy staff to identify you (for example, full name, address and date of birth). You will be required to provide ID, for example a passport, full driving license or credit/debit card before any information is released to you.
d. If you think any information we hold on you is inaccurate or incorrect, please let us know.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a tiny element of data that is stored on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you access a website. The Site makes use of the following types of cookie technology:
1. A "Session cookie", which contains a random ID number automatically allocated to your computer by the web server for the duration of your visit. It is meant to make your use of the Site faster and easier. It will be deactivated after thirty minutes of inactivity on the Site and will be automatically removed from your computer when you close your browser.
2. A "Script generated cookie" is automatically allocated to your computer when you register to access any restricted areas of the Site and on each subsequent visit. It only contains an identifier which will enable the Site to identify you as a registered user so that you do not have to identify yourself again while you move from one server to another during your visit. It will remain on your computer after your visit until you remove it. It will be placed again at your next visit. We are using session and persistent cookies in order to enable certain shop functions (such as checkout) in interaction with your browser. Please note that our cookies do not collect any personal information. In addition to that, we are using analytical tools which track the user's activities solely for the reason to improve our service to you. The collected data will be pseudonymised which means that they cannot be associated with you and will not be transmitted to any 3rd party.
We may use third-party advertising companies or affiliates to display advertisements on our website. These third-party advertising companies or affiliates may separately place or recognise a cookie file on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to the Site. We cannot see the information collected or stored in third party cookies. We do not provide personal data about you to these third party advertisers or affiliates or to any other third party.
Removing and disabling cookies
If you don’t want us to place cookies on your computer at all, you can set your browser to disable or reject cookies. This will mean that no websites will be able to place cookies on your computer. You can do this by adjusting the preferences within your browser. This may mean, however, that you will not be able to enjoy full use of all parts of the Site.
If you want to remove previously-stored cookies, you can manually delete the cookies at any time. This will not prevent websites from placing further cookies on your computer.
To find out exactly how to disable/remove, please go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html
Data collected by web servers and cookies are not transferred to any third parties, except to process your order request.
Subject access rights
At law you have the following rights
1. A subject access right which enables you to be told whether we hold any personal data about you and to obtain a copy of that information;
2. A right to get personal data relating to you rectified, completed, updated, blocked or erased when incomplete, unclear, obsolete or processed unlawfully;
3. A right to object to the processing of data relating to you on legitimate grounds and a right to object free of charge to the use of data for solicitation purposes.
We will comply with such rights as provided under applicable law. If you wish to exercise your subject access right, please contact us in writing at the address set out on the Site with sufficient information to identify yourself and the information you require. We will respond to your request within 40 days. We reserve the right to charge £10 for complying with a subject access request.
Except if provided to others in the circumstances set out in this Policy, the data supplied by you will be kept on the Site’s secured servers and computer systems, protected from outside intrusions.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy from time to time and reserve the right to do so. Any changes to the Policy will appear on this page, which you should check from time to time. By continuing to use the site you are deemed to accept changes to this Policy.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us via email or mail.